This forum is intended as a link for the Milan Maravilla family.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Skateland revisited!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 358
Age : 49
Localisation : tri-state, usa
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Skateland revisited!!   Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:49 am

HAHAHA! this was taken last aug. at our nephews bday at a fun-land and liza & i wanted to skate. she chose the old-school skates while i felt more comfortable in roller blades. afterwards she concurred that roller blades where easier than the old school skates. SKATELAND baybeee!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 562
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:39 am

Hehehe!!!! i could never skate. Maby the skateboard but thats it.

Nice Video for the month of October. Hehehe!!!

Don't you think you shoulda had the kids in the video since it was a kids birthday? Hahahaha!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
liza
Jester
Jester


Female
Number of posts : 103
Age : 46
Localisation : linden, nj
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:57 pm

OH... MY... GOD... !!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU POSTED THIS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 358
Age : 49
Localisation : tri-state, usa
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 pm

liza wrote:
OH... MY... GOD... !!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU POSTED THIS!!!

HAHAHAHA!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
kelia mei
Jester
Jester
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 180
Age : 46
Localisation : guam usa
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:11 am

OMG!!! Skaaateeelaaand!! My coworker & I were just talking about that last week...how we don't have those things anymore! How the young kids have it so different nowadays because of all these laws...ad how kids can't even stay alone at home or even go anywhere alone even if they're 12 years of age.
But aside from that....OMG!! Skaaaateelaaaand!! Remember how we used to just walk there with our pair of skates tied together on the ties and threw it over our shoulders and just wait to go in...even if the line is almost a mile long? Hahahh!! Ooooh..and the hamburgers! Yummy!! *ssssiggh*....skateland.[/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sweet5npink
kelia mei
Jester
Jester
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 180
Age : 46
Localisation : guam usa
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:17 am

lyrajean wrote:
HAHAHA! this was taken last aug. at our nephews bday at a fun-land and liza & i wanted to skate. she chose the old-school skates while i felt more comfortable in roller blades. afterwards she concurred that roller blades where easier than the old school skates. SKATELAND baybeee!


Aawwesome Lisa!! Didya do the Jessica Simpson dance on the rink? (singing) .... "All the girls comin out for a public affaaair!"
Hahhah!!
So cool!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sweet5npink
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 562
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:22 am

kelia mei wrote:
OMG!!! Skaaateeelaaand!! My coworker & I were just talking about that last week...how we don't have those things anymore! How the young kids have it so different nowadays because of all these laws...ad how kids can't even stay alone at home or even go anywhere alone even if they're 12 years of age.
But aside from that....OMG!! Skaaaateelaaaand!! Remember how we used to just walk there with our pair of skates tied together on the ties and threw it over our shoulders and just wait to go in...even if the line is almost a mile long? Hahahh!! Ooooh..and the hamburgers! Yummy!! *ssssiggh*....skateland.[/

Actually, there is no law on Guam stating that any child left at home by themselves past the age of ten is a violation of any kind. There is only stipulations on how long you can leave them alone. The only reason why people don't do this anymore, is because of all the awareness put out by the media on kidnappings. Because we are so aware of this now, we dare not do it anymore.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 358
Age : 49
Localisation : tri-state, usa
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:44 am

kelia mei wrote:
OMG!! Skaaaateelaaaand!! Remember how we used to just walk there with our pair of skates tied together on the ties and threw it over our shoulders and just wait to go in...even if the line is almost a mile long? Hahahh!! Ooooh..and the hamburgers! Yummy!! *ssssiggh*....[b]skateland.[/

ohhh yess! those were the fun days! or how we would be dropped off (usually by julie & nora's dad), how we knew the people who worked there, some of the drama that would go down with the regulars, the dark corner past the dj booth, "couples only", the races, ....i can go on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 562
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:05 am

lyrajean wrote:
kelia mei wrote:
OMG!! Skaaaateelaaaand!! Remember how we used to just walk there with our pair of skates tied together on the ties and threw it over our shoulders and just wait to go in...even if the line is almost a mile long? Hahahh!! Ooooh..and the hamburgers! Yummy!! *ssssiggh*....[b]skateland.[/

ohhh yess! those were the fun days! or how we would be dropped off (usually by julie & nora's dad), how we knew the people who worked there, some of the drama that would go down with the regulars, the dark corner past the dj booth, "couples only", the races, ....i can go on!

Sheesh. Thought that place was a positive for teens. Gues I was wrong. Laughing

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 358
Age : 49
Localisation : tri-state, usa
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:53 pm

cmaravilla wrote:
Sheesh. Thought that place was a positive for teens. Gues I was wrong. Laughing

oh! and it was...we weren't out there on the streets being a menace to society. Razz
weren't you too young to be gallivanting with us at skateland or did we take you there at one point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
liza
Jester
Jester


Female
Number of posts : 103
Age : 46
Localisation : linden, nj
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:36 pm

cmaravilla wrote:
lyrajean wrote:
kelia mei wrote:
OMG!! Skaaaateelaaaand!! Remember how we used to just walk there with our pair of skates tied together on the ties and threw it over our shoulders and just wait to go in...even if the line is almost a mile long? Hahahh!! Ooooh..and the hamburgers! Yummy!! *ssssiggh*....[b]skateland.[/

ohhh yess! those were the fun days! or how we would be dropped off (usually by julie & nora's dad), how we knew the people who worked there, some of the drama that would go down with the regulars, the dark corner past the dj booth, "couples only", the races, ....i can go on!

Sheesh. Thought that place was a positive for teens. Gues I was wrong. Laughing


i think i was about 8 to 10 years old at the time... how times have changed. i wouldn't dare drop off marcus anywhere alone and then pick him up later. i don't remember seeing adults in skateland, only the refs, who were probably only teenagers at the time. they were so cool!

yeah, when 'couples only' would go on, me and nora would go skating holding hands. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 562
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:11 am

Sounded really fun though. I can just imagine a place with no parents and run by teenagers. Hahahaha!!! That place must'v been heaven for kids and a nightmare for parents.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
ai villanueva
Jester
Jester
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 104
Age : 45
Localisation : oc, california
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 am

lyrajean wrote:
<center>HAHAHA! this was taken last aug. at our nephews bday at a fun-land and liza & i wanted to skate. she chose the old-school skates while i felt more comfortable in roller blades. afterwards she concurred that roller blades where easier than the old school skates. SKATELAND baybeee!

<embed width="428" height="341" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif"></embed><center>

Liz! Break out the tricks! I know you can skate backwards! Wink

Awww... I remember those long walks to or from Skateland like it was yesterday.... it's still so vivid in my mind. They were so brutal. I still can't believe we walked so far.

Remember how we all would join in the Hokey Pokey?! Then, at the center stage, we'd take our skates off and dance. hahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 562
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:12 am

Nope, never been. I don't even know where the exact location was.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 358
Age : 49
Localisation : tri-state, usa
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:00 pm

ai villanueva wrote:
Awww... I remember those long walks to or from Skateland like it was yesterday.... it's still so vivid in my mind. They were so brutal. I still can't believe we walked so far.

Remember how we all would join in the Hokey Pokey?! Then, at the center stage, we'd take our skates off and dance. hahaha.[/color]

you know, thinking about it now the walks seemed forever for us young kids. i bet i can walk to that location fr Abas Ct. in less time now that i've got my NY-block practices Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 358
Age : 49
Localisation : tri-state, usa
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:01 pm

cmaravilla wrote:
Nope, never been. I don't even know where the exact location was.

i believe it became that Bunny supermarket if i'm not mistaken. that old warehouse-looking building. is it still there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 562
Age : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:00 am

If Im thinking of the right place, yes it is. It used to be bunny market, then it became.....dam I forgot what it is now. But dam...thats a long as walk.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Skateland revisited!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Skateland revisited!!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Expresso interview revisited by Gonšalo Amaral
» Enid O'Dowd The Fund Revisited 1.2.2016
» Oka and Kahnewake Revisited

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Milan Maravilla Forum :: Gallery :: VIDEOS-
Jump to: