Milan Maravilla Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended as a link for the Milan Maravilla family.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Menudo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
cmaravilla

Male
Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Menudo Empty
PostSubject: Menudo   Menudo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:34 am

Heres the Video. To update the non-regulars, I posted this video for the Video of the month, but Manapng just recently posted a video during her b-day. Family beats menudo anyday. Wink

I posted the video since Menudo is making a come back. At least a part two version.

Back to top Go down
https://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin
cmaravilla

Male
Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Menudo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menudo   Menudo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 11:41 am

I was searching around online about what the big deal was with these guys and why they got so big. I won't list details, Im sure you guys already know.

Anyway, while I was searching around, I came across somthing intersting that I never knew:

All the songs that they sang are pre-recorded before they came on stage because not all of them had the best voices. Their voices were recorded with effects added, so they could have a consistant sound. So when they are on stage, they were lipsinging. Although a lot of people knew this and it wasn't kept a secret, it never affected their glory.

Also, I always thought that Roy, Robbie, Ricky, and so on were the originals, but they weren't. The band was actually started back in 1977, and when any member hit 16 they had to get out. Theres a video on you tube how the guy that was replaced by Roy, gave a final fairwell to the fans as his last performance. Also, they were also replaced when their voices started to crack.
Back to top Go down
https://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
lyrajean

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Menudo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menudo   Menudo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:29 pm

cmaravilla wrote:
Heres the Video. To update the non-regulars, I posted this video for the Video of the month, but Manapng just recently posted a video during her b-day. Family beats menudo anyday. Wink

I posted the video since Menudo is making a come back. At least a part two version.

this video takes me back, sends chills down my back. we were such groupies, right?! i don' think that this generation's menudo fan-base will ever be the same as it was back in '84-'88. those were the peak years for the group...from robby even to when ricky left, it was still strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden
lyrajean

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Menudo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menudo   Menudo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:44 pm

cmaravilla wrote:
I was searching around online about what the big deal was with these guys and why they got so big. I won't list details, Im sure you guys already know.

Anyway, while I was searching around, I came across somthing intersting that I never knew:

All the songs that they sang are pre-recorded before they came on stage because not all of them had the best voices. Their voices were recorded with effects added, so they could have a consistant sound. So when they are on stage, they were lipsinging. Although a lot of people knew this and it wasn't kept a secret, it never affected their glory.

Also, I always thought that Roy, Robbie, Ricky, and so on were the originals, but they weren't. The band was actually started back in 1977, and when any member hit 16 they had to get out. Theres a video on you tube how the guy that was replaced by Roy, gave a final fairwell to the fans as his last performance. Also, they were also replaced when their voices started to crack.

being a former groupie Razz i did know about the original group. these original members did go on to form a group (big in latin countries). i believe they're called "Reencuentro". my crush was Ray Reyes.

as far as the lipsync theory.....i don't know if i believe that 100%. we did attend concerts. i was able to see them perform live (in puerto rico) at their managers house. in cases where they had to perform on tv, i can see where the pre-recorded gig can come in.

when performing live, they were sometimes off-key. they would ad lib throughout the concert, so how could a pre-recorded session predetermine what they would do onstage?

skeptics aside. they reigned the teeny bopper world for almost 30 yrs. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
Sponsored content

Menudo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menudo   Menudo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Menudo
Page 1 of 1