This forum is intended as a link for the Milan Maravilla family.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Whats sets you off?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Whats sets you off?   Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:15 pm

There are words or actions that just push the right buttons with us and sets us over the edge. Whats yours?

It's really hard to set me off, but the very few times it does happen its world war. I hate it when someone tells me to shut the fuck up, points in my face, and cuts me off when I'm talkn. The last time someone pointed in my face, I lost my job. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://milanmaravilla.forumotion.com
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:34 pm

i really don't get very verbal when i'm pissed off. i huff and slam things around to let people know that i am. i will, however, throw sarcasism to people's faces, thus instigating the situation to further insults. i've never, ever been in a fist fight (as an adult) but have come close to it. it's a scary feeling, a tremendous rush of wanting to physically bash someone in the face. i once was in the middle of a bar fight and i had a beer bottle ready in my hand before someone from the establishment ran to me to tell me to "cut that shit out" tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lyrajeanmaravilla
vgtamayo
Jester
Jester

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:31 am

Those who know me well knows that it really doesn't take alot to set me off...however, I have been able to control my temper much better now that I'm older. All the things that Ced said makes my blood boil too, also passive-aggressive people upset me---I prefer to be told straight up if I pissed you off. But the one thing that will probably make me seek blood is when someone says or does anything insulting to my family--most especially my mom, sis, bro & nephews. I also don't like sexist pigs & men who think that they have the right to touch me without my permission....eg. a guy grabbing my ass in a club. I think I've been in just as many fist fights as the boys in our family...and I kinda got into one as an adult...when I first came out here to Cali...long story...anyways...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelia mei
Jester
Jester

Female
Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:11 am

lyrajean wrote:
i really don't get very verbal when i'm pissed off. i huff and slam things around to let people know that i am. i will, however, throw sarcasism to people's faces, thus instigating the situation to further insults. tongue

Hehehe!!
That's funny cuz you and I the same...yet, at most times I hold off on my tongue cuz I know I'm gonna feel so bad for it later...and then thinking of having to feel sorry for the person I ran my mouth off to, even when they're the ones that ticked me off in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sweet5npink
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:48 am

All the Maravilla girls are mean and moody.

Jester
Jester

Female
Number of posts : 180

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:29 pm

You forgot sarcastic, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sweet5npink
liza
Jester
Jester

Female
Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 pm

hey ced, i'm not that mean anymore... really!

what sets my off? i don't know... i get along great with everyone. I love you

yeah, i'm being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:04 pm

Hahaha!!!

Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:59 pm

liza wrote:
hey ced, i'm not that mean anymore... really!

what sets my off? i don't know... i get along great with everyone. I love you

yeah, i'm being sarcastic.

it's true. liza has become quite reserved...when her boys do get on her nerves, her mean streak comes out. hehehe.

i, on the other hand, was NEVER mean.

yes, i'm being sarcastic too.

lol!
Back to top Go down
liza
Jester
Jester

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:40 pm

i think we grew out of our meaness (is that a word?)

yes, lyra was never mean, at least to any of you. but i was her personal slave until we parted ways...

but she's the bestest sister in the whole wide world!!!

it's so funny because justin and marcus are just how we were when we were younger... justin bosses marcus around and marcus just has to follow orders because justin is so much bigger than him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:40 am

Hahaha!!! Thats really funny. Thats just like Cyril. He bosses all his cousins around. Even his older cousins. He's a true Maravilla indeed. Very outspoken and doesn't take shit from anyone. Hes alot more courteous for his age though.

One time a boy kept hitting him in school and he asked me what to do. I told him to tell the kid to stop and if he doesn't, tell his teacher. I told him that if his teacher doesn't do anything about it and the boy doesn't stop, then he had my permission to wreck him. Cyril looked at me and said, "but daddy, I don't want to hurt him." Hahahaha!!! I thought it was funny that he didn't want to fight the kid because he was scared to hurt the boy. Hahahaha!!!

Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:22 pm

liza wrote:
but she's the bestest sister in the whole wide world!!!

it's so funny because justin and marcus are just how we were when we were younger... justin bosses marcus around and marcus just has to follow orders because justin is so much bigger than him.

awwww. i'm the ONLY sister you've got! Laughing

i know! but marcus will eventually grow out of that stage...i notice that marcus will run and to liza and go, "Mooooomm, Justin told me to or Justin won't give me.....".
Back to top Go down
lyrajean
Knight/Maiden
Knight/Maiden

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:27 pm

cmaravilla wrote:
Hahaha!!! Thats really funny. Thats just like Cyril. He bosses all his cousins around. Even his older cousins. He's a true Maravilla indeed. Very outspoken and doesn't take shit from anyone. Hes alot more courteous for his age though.

One time a boy kept hitting him in school and he asked me what to do. I told him to tell the kid to stop and if he doesn't, tell his teacher. I told him that if his teacher doesn't do anything about it and the boy doesn't stop, then he had my permission to wreck him. Cyril looked at me and said, "but daddy, I don't want to hurt him." Hahahaha!!! I thought it was funny that he didn't want to fight the kid because he was scared to hurt the boy. Hahahaha!!!

oh man! cyril is so smart and isn't brash about just smashing the other kids' without understanding the outcome...that's great! i wish all the kids his age would have that kind of wisdom tongue

but sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands: i believe justin had punched another kid at school because he was mistreating marcus...i guess liza will tell that story.
Back to top Go down
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:23 am

I love stories like that. Yes, please tell.

Jester
Jester

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 pm

we were still in seattle. marcus was in kindergarten and justin was in the 5th grade. marcus was being bullied by a 1st or 2nd grader and justin chased him and his older brother a couple of blocks. i think i got mad at justin because he left marcus by himself. anyways, those boys told the principal what happened the next day. she took justin's side though. i guess with siblings, only brothers and sisters are the only ones allowed to beat up one another, but if someone messes with them, watch out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:13 am

Hehehe!!! Oh yeah. I think the closest to that story here on Guam, was Joels son. He was in pre-k and an older boy took his toy from him. He beat up the boy and looked at everyone else around him and asked if they wanted to fight too. Hehehe!!! The whole family thinks its funny except Joel. Joel was so pissed when the principle called him to pick up Charles. I don't know what Joel did or said to Charles, but Charles is so scared to fight now. Hahaha!

Jester
Jester

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 am

cmaravilla wrote:
Hehehe!!! Oh yeah. I think the closest to that story here on Guam, was Joels son. He was in pre-k and an older boy took his toy from him. He beat up the boy and looked at everyone else around him and asked if they wanted to fight too. Hehehe!!! The whole family thinks its funny except Joel. Joel was so pissed when the principle called him to pick up Charles. I don't know what Joel did or said to Charles, but Charles is so scared to fight now. Hahaha!

that's so funny! Cuz JoJo is the first to wanna kick ass! Short but terrible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:23 am

Hahaha!!!! Yes very true. Me and him were like brothers befor. But I guess, alot of us has changed alot now. Marrage and kids will do that to ya. Hahaha!!! I guess we don't want our kids to be us.

I always tell Cyril to be better than me and never to be like me. So far so good. I tell him this because people here like to talk about my fiascos. Hahahaha. He might think its cool.

Jester
Jester

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:26 am

But in those cases it was all about self defense so you can't really get mad at that. Its not like they go around bullying other kids. I don't condone fighting, but sometimes you just have to. I know all the times i've fought was defending myself. I sure didn't go looking for it. I know that's what my sister teaches Blair and I'd teach my child the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmaravilla
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:07 am

Yes. Self defense is something that is very important. I also teach cyril that to. Although, I still teach him that fighting is the absolute last resort. I teach Cyril to go through steps.

1. Warn the kid.

2. Walk away.

3. Tell an adult.

4. If all the above fail, "WHOOP ASS!"

This way it also teaches him to control his anger and raise his tolerance level.

Im not wanting to brag, but because Cyril has taken Aikido and has started mixed martial arts training. So discipline like this is very necessary and important. Cyrils training in these arts are not childs play and the results of using them are very serious. I don't want a law suit on our hands. Like the spiderman movie once said, "With great power, comes great responsibility." And I truely beleive this.

Cyril has been very good with this so far, although he has never really had to defend himself. He's really a very liked person and has friends everywhere. He can make friends while me and Aileen are grocery shopping. Hehehe!!! Even the middle school kids at his school know him. He's very social. A true Maravilla indeed.

PostSubject: Re: Whats sets you off?   

Back to top Go down

Whats sets you off?
Page 1 of 1